Roland Schmitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> the cvs version or revision tags (on the titlepage, or in the page
> headings/footer).
> Is/how it possibe to query cvs automaticly before printing the thesis, which
> number/tag is actual used in cvs, and insert this result into the text before
> printing starts?

I embed Subversion keywords in my LyX documents (e.g. '$HeadURL$
$LastChangedRevision$') and this works fine.  You can use the RCS
keywords, which CVS uses to do the same thing. Try putting '$Revision$'
in your document. Look at RCS's co(1) man page for a list of
keywords.

Unfortunately these (in RCS/CVS and SVN case) expand to the
corresponding value *plus* the keyword text, i.e. not just:

        1.2.3.4

but:

        $Revision 1.2.3.4$

which may look a bit messier than than you consider acceptable. In this
case maybe you need to 'make' a stripped version. I.e. edit mydoc.lyx,
and then use a Makefile to 'sed' this to mydoc-not-for-editing.lyx,
and then lyx --export that to a printable format.

Remember that the keyword will correspond to the last *committed*
version; edits made after checking out will not affect the version
number displayed. So always commit before printing if you want
the correct number to be embedded in the doc.

HTH

Alexis