On 31.01.05, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   When I asked, the production editor replied that they wanted all files
> associated with the production of the book. Therefore, I'll send them
> everything in the /tmp/lyx_tmpdirNNN/lyx_tmpbufN/ directory, plus the
> original .eps files for the figures.

IMHO, sending a tmp-dir is not a very transparent solution.

If the publishers have a working LaTeX installation, they will want the
*.tex source(s) + all included files (*.eps, *.bib, *.bst, ...).

No need for *.aux, *.bbl, *.log, and all these auxiliary files -- these
will be created at their site when they run latex.

I would just use File>Export>Latex on the latest version and pack the
tex-file together with the included files in an archive.

Before this, I'd run latex on the file from a command-line (or my
text-editor) to see whether everything compiles nicely.

Adding a *.ps or *.pdf preview would provide additional redundancy: The
publisher can check whether all turns out as you intended (if they care
about) or see the camera-ready print even in case of compilation problems.

Günter

--
G.Milde web.de