On Friday 08 July 2005 17:33, Angus Leeming wrote:
> That's why I say on the wiki:
> ...LyX 1.3.6 cannot really be classified as a minor bug fix release,
> especially for Windows users. Large chunks of the code base have been
> touched in an attempt to resolve those problems that Windows users have
> found with Ruurd’s original ports. We feel confident that LyX 1.3.6 will be
> the best ever version of LyX on Windows. We are not confident, however,
> that we haven’t introduced any new bugs.
>
> Regards,
> Angus

on my windows laptop. Undoubtedly it is a great advance over Ruuards port,
which was a great advance on the Cygwin altenative.

I have however the problem that when I set the viewer for pdflatex which lies
within Program Files, the View > PDFlatex option comes up with an error
message saying that it could not find the viewer in C:/Program. Hence, the
file name appears to stop at the blank space.

Am I doing something wrong, and is there a workaround, if I am not?

Have already tried to put a shortcut to the C directory but it does not have
the intended effect. TIA

samar