> you can find the windows installer for LyX 1.4.1.

This comes a week later after all my troubles with the official
installer (see my another email), still this installer should be
celebrated!

Uwe, I have asked before what has prevented us to make your installer
the official one. If the inclusion of programs have been a problem,
now, you can at least ignore ghostview, acrobat reader etc, since the
viewer logic will be (I hope so) different in 1.4.2: a user will be
prompted by windows to install gs/pdf/whatever viewer. There will be
no longer troubles in setting up $path to ghostview/acrobat reader
etc.

Bo