Hi

Just compiled LyX to suit Ubuntu/Dapper and have found some things that
configure.py has missed

1) It can't find oolatex although its installed as per Synaptic.

from configure:

checking for a LaTeX -> OpenOffice.org converter...
+checking for "oolatex"...   no
+checking for "oolatex.sh"...   no

how can this be fixed?

2) Also "w2l" is missed even though its in my path

checking for an OpenOffice.org -> LaTeX converter...
+checking for "w2l"...   no

a locate finds this here:
/home/rd/bin/w2l
/home/rd/usr/share/latex/conversion/writer2latex04/w2l

how can this be fixed?

3) How can LyX be made to use latex2rtf to convert to rtf?

I find the rtf export a lot more efficient and reliable to get a MS word doc
than existing export methods eg export to MS Word(html).

Latex2rtf embeds the graphics into the file, performs all the cross referencing
and bibliography easily.  If using the MS Word (html) export, its a huge drama
to fix it all to make a doc.  Whereas  with latex2rtf its a simple matter to
convert to a doc.

Currently to use latex2rtf I have to export to latex (pdflatex), then open a
xterm and then run latex2rtf on the .tex.  So its still workable, though I
can't see the reason of having a broken export (MSWord-html) when a much better
one exists.

TIA

Russell