Hi Urtzi,
I assume that you are using LyX on Windows, right?

The exported document is not corrupted, it is just in different encoding. LyX
is using ISO encoding internally, while Win are using Microsoft modifications
which are incompatible with ISO.

Try google for code-page converters, there are many different programs and
on-line services for this purpose, e.g.
http://www.2p.cz/en/code_page_converter

Good luck,
Vasek

On Monday 12 March 2007, Urtzi Jauregi wrote:
>       Hi everybody,
>
>       I'm usong LyX to write a document in Slovenian, which has several
> special
> characters (č, š, ž). When I export the document to LaTeX or plain text,
> these special characters get corrupted, so resulting document is useless
> unless one replaces all corrutpes characters by hand.
>
>       I am sure this is a LyX problem, because I have opened the corrupted
> documents with applications that perfectly support these special
> characters. The problem only happens with LyX, and only when exporting; in
> normal usage, both the LyX screen fonts and the final TeXed documents show
> up fine.
>
>       How can I fix this? Is it a bug, or am I missing something?
>
>       - Urtzi -

Ing. Vaclav Smidl, Ph.D.                tel: +420 26605 2420
AS department,  Institute               web: http://staff.utia.cz/smidl/
of Information Theory and Automation,   fax: +420 26605 2068
Prague, Czech Republic