On 4/21/07 3:08 PM, "Anders Ekberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I've compiled QT4.2.3 and LyX1.5.0svn without problems a few days ago
>>> on a (PPC) mac.
>>> pdv
>>
>> Ok, LyX1.5.0svn has failed to compile with both Qt4.2.3 and Qt4.3.0 with the
>> same error message "qt 4 library not found !".
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? Does something need to be altered for ppc macs?
>>
>> I followed the install.macosx using the following ./configure command:
>>
>> "./configure --prefix=/Applications/LyX.app --disable-concept-checks
>> --with-version-suffix=-1.5svn --with-qt4-dir=/sw/qt-4.2.3
>> --enable-optimization=-Os --without-x --with-included-gettext
>> --with-frontend=qt4 --disable-stdlib-debug".
>>
>> During the ./autogen.sh the following pops up, although I wouldn't think it
>> would cause ./configure to fail relating to qt4 library not found:
>>
>> " Building macros...
>>         .
>> /sw/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GLIB
>>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>>   or see
>> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal";
>> <http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal%22> ;.
>>
>> Hopefully, I'm just doing something blatantly not wise and once it is
>> cleared up it will configure just fine.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated! It would be nice to be able to
>> compile LyX from source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob Lounsbury
>
> Bob, I think a "make clean" will solve it. At least it did for me after trying
> QT4.3 (except for one time that I managed to mess everything up so badly I had
> to trash my LyX source folder and reinstall from svn...)
> In addition, after trying, I have found 4.3beta, 4.3 snapshot and 4.4 snapshot
> not to work. IIRC the beta gave the same problem that you are reporting,
> whereas the snapshots simply won't compile. The latter two I hope will be
> fixed by Trolltech (although I haven't had time to file a bug report. Has
> anyone done that). The former could perhaps be related to how LyX searches for
> the QT-installation (i.e. the search criterion). But I don't know where in the
> set-up files this identification is done. Does anyone have any ideas?
> Anyway, if you are in urgent need of a 1.5-version of LyX, I compiled the beta
> 2 and posted it at http://www.charmec.chalmers.se/temp/LyX_15b2_PPC.zip
> If it is not that urgent, I would suggest that you wait for Bennett's posting
> of the official beta.
>
> /Anders

I recompiled both Qt4.3.0snapshot and Qt4.2.3 and the only difference was
rather than using Œsudo make install¹ I just entered Œmake install¹. Now I
have LyX1.5.0beta2 compiled under Qt4.2.3, but I got the same error message
when trying Qt4.3.0snapshot Œqt 4 library not found¹. A bug report would be
great, I really want to see if Qt4.3 is faster. Thanks for the info.

Bob