I am asking for experiences and hints from those of you who have introduced
LyX to interested people. I have done it several times but am not content
with the way I did it so far.

The main task is -as I see it- to
1- make people see the advantages of LaTeX over other prg´s and the advantages
of LyX in respect to LaTeX.
2- show them briefly how to work with LyX. Since the help files of LyX are
excellent, I would not waste time to go into details, but rather present a
few examples (How to write a book/Thesis).
3- would instead make sure that those who decide to try it out, do succeed in
installing LyX. I will therefore offer a Knoppix/Debian based life CD with
LyX, JabRef bib manager for booting the PC/notebook, and point to sources
where the permanent installation is described for the different operating
systems and Linux versions.

I would appreciate further ideas, infos and hints.

Wolfgang