Heiko Schroeder wrote:
It *must* be a problem with LyXs call of aspell. I tried everything, I can think of. Applying the correct path prefix, copying into th bin-directory of lyx (aspell is located in C:\Programs\Aspell), loading the pws-Dictionary (which is *not* in the dict-subdirectory of aspell; hmmm). Aspell works perfect under on the DOS-Console (if the file is in the Aspell-Directory), but with LyX there is only a great nothing: cannot find directory. Bang.

It looks like you have quite some old Aspell files on your computer. LyX does not install command line Aspell binaries but installs Aspell data files and dictionaries in "Documents and Settings".

Please go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything related to Aspell and then install LyX and the dictionaries again. You don't need to install anything else.

Note that an installation of Aspell for your own user account gets priority over the system-wide version. So if you installed dictionaries for all users but still have a private copy of Aspell with it's own dictionaries, the dictionaries of the system-wide version will not be used.

Joost