On Tuesday 19 February 2008 01:22, you wrote:
> Nobody cautioned you yet in this thread.  Delete the source tree and
> untar a fresh copy before re-setting the environment and re-running
> configure.  Otherwise, same old mistakes just happen again and again.
>
> I did this recompile myself a few weeks ago on Scientific Linux and I
> ended up setting QTDIR and QTHOME in the environment.  That fixed it.
>
> Also, you should only have the devel package for one version of QT at
> a time.  So after putting in the qt4 devel thing, make sure  you have
> no qt3 devel stuff left.
>
> pj

Thanks Paul,

Deleting and re-extracting the source tree did the trick. So the steps to cure
the problem turned out to be:

1) Install libqt4-devel-4.1.4 to match my qt4-common-4.1.4
2) Delete the source tree
3)
UIC=/usr/lib/qt4/bin/uic ./configure --with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4
--with-qt4-includes=/usr/lib/qt4/include --with-qt4-libraries=/usr/lib/qt4/lib

Thanks go out to Jeremy Reed for the command in #3.

My one remaining problem is that the fonts on the menu, scrollbars and dialog
boxes are too small for me to read. I'll be looking up how to make them
larger in the next few days.

Thanks

SteveT