On Thursday 21 February 2008 11:48, José Matos wrote:
> On Thursday 21 February 2008 16:24:30 Steve Litt wrote:
> > So I'd add something like:
> >
> > WARNING!!! ALWAYS DELETE AND RESTORE YOUR LYX 1.5.3 SOURCE TREE AFTER A
> > BLOWN ./CONFIGURE OR MAKE!!!
> >
> > And then add a sentence saying why.
>
> make clean is not enough?
>
> I am asking although I suspect that the answer is "no." :-(

I don't know. To test that I'd probably have to:

1) Uninstall libqt4-devel
2) rm -rf ~/junk/lyx-1.5.3
3) cd ~/junk
4) tar xjvf lyx-1.5.3-whatever.bz2
5) ./configure
6) reinstall libqt4-devel
7) ./configure
8) make (should error out)
9) make clean
10) ./configure
11) make (should work if make clean is OK)

On my box, every make, whether successful or failure, takes about 25 minutes,
and ./configure takes 5 minutes. I'm not going to have time to do that for at
least a couple weeks.

The answer to that *would* be good to put in the doucmentation.

Thanks

STeveT

Steve Litt
Books written in LyX:
        Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
        Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
        Troubleshooting: Just the Facts