On Feb 24, 2008, at 9:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In summary, I'm mentioning a few problems here:

Main one is:

1) creating a footnote from existing text causing unusable formatting.

I'm not following your description of this problem. Is the problem that when you copy and paste, LyX is copying the paragraph formatting? -- If so, you can edit the formatting by selecting Edit > Paragraph Settings ....

2) being able to import .rtf files

I've found it's easiest to convert .rtf to .tex, then edit the .tex file to clean it up, removing all the excess formatting with simple search and replace, and then import into LyX.

3) Getting view source to view the paragraph in which the cursor resides as the User Guide says it will.

It seems like this problem arises when the "Automatic update" option is unchecked; this indeed seems to be a bug. The workaround is to check that option, and everything should work as expected -- at least it does for me.

4) editing source from within LyX.

This is not currently possible.

Bennett