[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting rgheck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

You don't have "Use Paragraph's Default Alignment"? The point of this
option is to undo customization. That's why I added it. ;-)

Ah! I didn't try it before because it says "[justified]" But this indeed fixes the formatting of the pasted footnote content. Thanks!

Hmm. We had a really, really long discussion about what this button
should say. And now it looks as if maybe we chose badly. Would
"Default" by itself have been clearer? Or would removing the
"[Justified]" part have been helpful? I'd like to get this right.

rh

My take is that if "justified" wasn't there I probably would have tried it. But if it actually removes paragraph formatting (even if it resorts to the default for the context) wouldn't it be clearer to say "Remove Paragraph Formatting"? I'm surmising it's doing both. So I understand the problem in the wording. And I appreciate your interest in the detail here!

The short version of why it doesn't say that is that, if there's no special formatting, then that box will be checked to represent that there is no special formatting. But I suppose we could change the label depending upon which situation we're in.

rh