On  3.03.08, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Bruce Pourciau wrote:

> ... if I have to choose between a close match between the math and text
> fonts or having bold symbols, I'll typically take the bold symbols.  I
> don't produce books, and for pretty much everything else Times without
> mathptmx seems good enough to me.

> On the other hand, I recognize that there are folks who will want
> mathptmx when they use Times, and won't need bold symbols.  It would be
> nice if there were a way in the document settings to select/deselect
> mathptmx, though.

IMO, LyX should support the "officially recommended" version (i.e. mathptmx)
in the Document>Settings>Fonts Tab.

Other (deprecated as well as exotic or just still not supported) choices
can be done choosing "Default" in the Fonts tab and LaTeX commands in the
Documents>Settings>LaTeX preamble.

E.g. I am using \usepackage{libertine}

Günter