From: Bob Lounsbury [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 06 March 2008 18:50
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Latex template on 1.5.4

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Phillip Ferguson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried that and yes I did see quite a few ERT. When I try to view it
either
>  as a dvi or pdf there are sections missing in comparison to the dvi file
>  supplied.
>
>  The tex file uses a latex style, spconf.sty, which in turn uses the
article
>  class and the spconf package. Although the linking is clear, I don't
>  understand even from the documentation how to install this latex document
>  class.
>
>  Is it case of creating a layout file by copying the article.layout
>  Renaming it to - spconf.layout which contains
>  Then modifying the following lines:
>
>  \DeclareLaTeXClass{article}

>  \DeclareLaTeXClass[article,spconf.sty]{ article(spconf) }
>
>  Then add
>
>  Preamble
>         \usepackage{spconf}
>  EndPreamble
>

>  If this is the case and I create this layout file, do I have to put
>  spconf.sty in the layout directory also? Or do they go in the
Resources\tex
>  folder?
>
>  How do i source the package as it is not appearing in my package manager.
>
>  Can anyone clarify? Or if willing try and install the template themselves
>  and see how far they get?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  PDF

Installing the spconf.sty depends on your operating system and tex
installation. What are you using?

After it's installed and recognized by tex then you should only have
to insert \usepackage{spconf} in your LyX preamble. In some cases
you'll need to reconfigure LyX.

Cheers,
/Bob