I found some teething issue with this template that I thought would be wise
to post in the same thread than start another.

Firstly is the authors preamble:

I am having trouble compiling this because if a change anything it complains
there is no \begin{} etc.
Secondly(and more importantly) as I have 3 authors of my paper I can just
substitute the names and all is well. However the text does not abide by the
margins for the document. Since I have very little knowledge of Latex I am
lost here. Is there a command I can use to constrain the width of the
authors to be in line with the columns or at least the margins?

Thirdly can I ask if there is anyway to keep figures and tables (especially
tables) from going over the column margins?

Fourthly I am having major headaches forcing lyx to position diagrams and
tables and equations at the tops of pages. Yes I know there is a command in
the float properties but sometimes it is just plainly ignored. Is there a
rule that float position is governed by?

Thanks again for all your help

pdf