I'm entering this conversation late, but another way to generate graphs is with octave, a numerical package very similar to MATLAB. I've used octave to generate eps files directly, or to generate files in xfig format which can also be translated to fig so that they can be incorporated into LaTeX (i.;e., LyX) with similar fonts.

A. Scottedward Hodel [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://homepage.mac.com/hodelas/tar