On Friday 11 April 2008, Ola Vestad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a presentation in lyx and want to draw a couple of (simple)
> graphs. I'm not a very advanced computer user so right now I'm making the
> presentation in lyx and drawing the graphs in Microsoft Word (!), and I
> plan to add them to the presentation as images afterwards.
> Is there a simpler way to do this? More specifically; is it possible to
> draw graphs directly in lyx?

Ola,

LyX does not have built-in graphing, but there are a number of easy-to-use
tools out there which LyX supports very nicely.  Personally, I use Grace
http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/.

Unfortunately, it appears that installing Grace on Windows (which I assume is
your OS) does not appear to be trivial.  I haven't tried it.

However, the way you are doing it can work quite well, or at least as well as
anything using MS Word (wouldn't Excel be better?).  If you can save the
graph in a vector format that LyX can read (such as PDF or Postscript) the
results will be better than saving it as a raster file.
--
Les