Okay, I have prepared some files to illustrate the problem, so other have a
chance to verify.

.EPS output file of the circuit drawing program I use:

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/dummy.eps (64k)

bbget script from http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/elec_fig/ :

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/bbget

Output from bbget, using esp-gs v7.70.x:

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/dummy_bbget_espgs770.eps (64k) (works!)

Output from bbget, using gs v8.62:

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/dummy_bbget_gs862.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)

Output from gsview v4.7, using option PS to EPS, also checkmarked
"Automatically calculate Baounding Box". BTW, using gsview v4.9 gives the same
result.

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/dummy_gsview47.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)

Output from ps2eps v1.64 utility, parameters as suggested by
http://www.tm.uka.de/~bless/ps2eps.html:

http://www.ines.mynetcologne.de/dummy_ps2eps164.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)

Just import those example eps files

   dummy_bbget_espgs770.eps (64k) (works!)
   dummy_bbget_gs862.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)
   dummy_gsview47.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)
   dummy_ps2eps164.eps (64k) (doesn´t work)

to LyX always using the "Clip to bounding box" and "Read from file" options in
the dialog, and have a look at the output. You will see the only file giving
correct clipping is the one with the bounding box values generated by bbget and
an old, discontinued ESP ghostscript version.

Now, everybody can say "that is not a problem of LyX", but on the other hand,
the LyX image import dialogue is left pretty useless if there is only some
certain script/program combination being able to generate bounding boxes that
LyX is able to deal with?

Regards,

Tom Schlangen