Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Paul A. Rubin wrote:
I saw the patch you proposed on the developer list, and I think it's a
reasonable compromise.  The only limitation I can see is that users
writing in a language that needs multibyte encoding won't be able to
embed native language comments in a listing.  If that's important, they
can always do the listing in ERT.

Can you provide an example for that?

Jürgen

If you mean an example for doing a listing in ERT, the OP (Álvaro) had one in his original message. If you mean an example using multibyte encoding, I don't think so -- the closest I come to a "foreign" language is some long-forgotten German, and that's still single byte, isn't it?

/Paul