Steve Litt wrote:
> It would have been wonderful. Unfortunately, writer2latex preserves the
> level class hierarchy (level1->part, level2->chapter, etc) but it dumps
> all my custom made classes and does its best to reproduce them with fine
> tuning. This is the second tool that's tried to do me the "favor" of
> converting my styles to fine tuning.

You can add your custom styles to the writer2latex configuration files. It
is explained here :
http://www.hj-gym.dk/~hj/writer2latex/doc/user-manual4.html#toc10

Globally what you have to do is to create a custom configuration file where
you :
1) give the writer2latex options to take away most of the wysiwyg stuff
(options formatting, and page_formatting) but leave the italic/bold etc...
2) create mapping for all your styles

Then :
3) convert the file with writer2latex
4) clean the latex file. I have a sed script to do it but you can do it in
your favorite vim.
5) Create a custom layout in LyX
5) import it in LyX with your layout.

I use this workflow to convert old articles from MsWord to LyX and it works
well.

Cheers,
Charles