On 21.08.08, Guillaume Larocque wrote:
> Ok, here are the exact symptoms of the problem. If I have a few floats
> inserted in a sequence in Lyx, as soon as Latex decides that one float
> will be on a separate page, all the floats following it will also be
> placed on a separate page, regardless of their size. That has got to
> be a bug. I just don't see why this behaviour would make sense.

This is a (La)TeX feature. Like it or not, but LyX cannot circumvent it that
easily.

The idea is that the *order* of the floats should not be changed. So, if
a "too big" float will go on a separate page, no other float that follows
it in the source will appear before this extra page. Instead, they will
be printed at the next possible location, which most likely is the
remaining space on this extra page.

You can either

* change the order or placement of the floats in the LyX file,

* change settings so that the "odd" float is not placed on a separate page.

  (See http://texnik.dante.de/cgi-bin/mainFAQ.cgi?file=floats/parameter)

Günter