Guillaume Larocque wrote:
>> Ok, here are the exact symptoms of the problem. If I have a few floats
>> inserted in a sequence in Lyx, as soon as Latex decides that one float
>> will be on a separate page, all the floats following it will also be
>> placed on a separate page, regardless of their size. That has got to
>> be a bug. I just don't see why this behaviour would make sense.
>

>Are you saying that after the first float gets a separate page, each of
>the subsequent floats sits alone on a page?  If so, I don't reproduce
>that here.  I made a small test document (Komascript book class) like
>float is big enough that it has to be on its own page; the smaller
>floats are not.  What I get is all text on page 1, the big float alone
>on page 2, the other two floats one after the other at the top of page 3
>followed by more text.

Yes. What I have in a few places in my document is something like: one
large float, 4 smaller floats, one other large float and then 3
smaller floats again.

Latex decides to put the one large float on a separate page and then
it puts all the rest of the floats on seperate pages also at the end
of the Chapter. Its probably deciding that there are too many floats
that will break the text. I get that behaviour even if I select 'top
of page' for all the floats.

I managed to get the floats pretty much where I want them with info
from this website: http://people.cs.uu.nl/piet/floats/node1.html

Particularly with the use of:
\afterpage{\clearpage}

and by moving some floats between paragraphs. I was just hoping that
Latex would figure all this out for me.

Thanks for the answers,

Guillaume