Micha wrote:

> Writing a letter in lyx is a pain.

Eh? I think I've only ever once written a letter in LyX - because I
very rarely write letters on the computer - but it was trivial. I just
created a new document using the Koma-script letter v2 template and
filled in the blanks.

The most time-consuming part was scanning my signature so I could have
a handwritten signature "stamp" in the generated PDF.

I can't see why writing a letter in Word would be any easier. (As I
recall, the last time I did so, it was more work, because I didn't
care for any of Word's letter templates, and the default styles
weren't quite right for a business letter.)

I know some regulars on the list (notably Steve Litt) have advocated
Word for short documents. That's fine if it works for them. But I
don't see it, myself.

But then I've been using markup languages for short documents for a
couple of decades (and word processors for only slightly longer), so
perhaps I'm simply used to doing so.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus