Brett Dikeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
>> Micha wrote:

>>> Writing a letter in lyx is a pain.

>> Eh? I think I've only ever once written a letter in LyX - because I
>> very rarely write letters on the computer - but it was trivial. I just
>> created a new document using the Koma-script letter v2 template and
>> filled in the blanks.

The same hold for the Letter (dinbrief) which I regularely use for my
personal "official" correspondence (tax office, landlord, school,
Bezügestelle, ...).

> ...except that the defaults for the Koma Letter class are annoying / don't
> match "what the real world does".

Maybe you live in a different world?

> Fold marks?  I've NEVER seen them on
> ANY letter anyone has ever mailed me, formal or not.

I find the fold marks very convenient when I fold the letter to put it
in a standard window envelope. Half of the official post I get have them.

> Then there's the "backaddress", which nobody on the planet save whoever
> wrote Koma-letter has ever heard of.

Backadress is a useful feature with "windowed" envelopes. Its a standard
here.

Günter