> Micha wrote:
>>
>> Writing a letter in lyx is a pain.
>
> Eh? I think I've only ever once written a letter in LyX - because I
> very rarely write letters on the computer - but it was trivial. I just
> created a new document using the Koma-script letter v2 template and
> filled in the blanks.

...except that the defaults for the Koma Letter class are annoying / don't
match "what the real world does".  Fold marks?  I've NEVER seen them on
ANY letter anyone has ever mailed me, formal or not. Then there's the
"backaddress", which nobody on the planet save whoever wrote Koma-letter
has ever heard of.

 I also find that the general default margins in LaTeX (or is LyX setting
'em?) obscenely large on US-Letter paper.

I agree that in general, formatting a letter in LyX makes for an extremely
professional looking document and it is a pretty quick trip to "close",
but I usually end up spending another 10-15 minutes going through and
tweaking various parameters in the preamble and re-previewing the PDF
until I'm happy.  I consider the time worth it, but I still mutter under
my breath about it. :)

Brett