On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:12:53AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, if you like them you could also use the packages I have been building
> and linking in the LyX Wiki for some time now. They are not checkinstall
> packages but packaged "by hand" and they also pull in a reasonable set of
> dependencies: http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Download (feel free to comment on those
> here anyway)

I'm pretty sure I ranted about it before - when you don't use external
boost libs you should not depend on them. I'm not sure if pulling in useless
libs is something 'reasonable'.

What's so hard about simply using the latest /debian/ directory provided in
Debian and Ubuntu and just tweak where needed? Using pbuilder to build the
package as plus. And consider publishing sources for GPL'ed stuff.

Sven