On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Konrad Hofbauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> muzzle wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Konrad Hofbauer
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Not with the GUI, I believe.
>>>
>>> It should be possible by creating your own *.ui files.
>>> Look at what is in /Applications/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/ui/, create
>>> your
>>> own set of *.ui and *.inc files, put them in your user-directory and
>>> select
>>> them in the Preferences.
>>
>> Hi,
>> sorry for the late resurrection of the thread
>> I tried to work on this, failed, left the problem aside. This morning
>> I tried again but with no luck yet
>>
>> I copied the content of the ui directory inside .lyx/ui as you
>> suggested and tried to modify the menus.
>> The relevant lines seem to be:
>>
>>                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf2"
>>                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf2"
>>
>> in but stdtoolbars.inc, I tried to change it but I made lyx crash, I
>> could not guess how to get it to use dvipdfm. I suppose I could copy
>> the code from the entry in the File menu, but I could not find it.
>>
>> Do you have any idea how to solve this?
>
> Don't have time to try right now, but look what in Preferences->File Formats
> the shortname of PDF (dvipdfm) is (it is pdf3 by default), and use that
> instead of pdf2 in the ui files.
>
> You should only need to change in stdtoolbars.inc
>                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf2"
>                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf2"
> by
>                Item "View PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-view pdf3"
>                Item "Update PDF (pdflatex)" "buffer-update pdf3"
> .

silly me! I had tried with pdf1 and pdf0 :)

Now it works, the only minor problem is that the button has no icon,
but a long label.

> You can FIRST try to directly change the files in the LyX.app, and if that
> works, migrate the changed files into the user-dir and restore the original
> LyX.app (otherwise you will loose them again with the next update)

I'm using linux, so I would rather not modify a system file. I will
just keep the copy of the modified interface files in my users
preferences folder (~/.lyx/)

> /Konrad

Thanks a lot,

Emme