Steve Litt wrote:
> On Friday 26 December 2008 06:35:11 am bb wrote:
> > I tried lyx after some long time again found lyx on an up to date level
> > compared to former versions - thanks to the developers!
> >
> > Something that did not following common logik in the past and actually
> > as well is the handling of whitespace always following any punctuation
> > mark like   .,;:--?!]}) etc. You easily can miss it and lyx does not
> > care about.
> >
> > I think, that under all normal circumstances any punctuation mark MUST
> > be followed by a whitespace and I think it would be a good idea to let
> > that check and make lyx if one forgets it. Such an intelligent feature
> > is comparable to the deletion of more than one whitespaces between two
> > words, where lyx takes care and a correction.
> >
> > There are some cases where a point will not be followed by whitespace,
> > for instance the point operator in Java that separates objectnames from
> > methods and may be there are some more. So, anyway it should be possible
> > to eliminate whitespaces for special purposes. But the default should be
> > a single whitepace following any punctuation mark.
> >
> > I actually downloaded the source of lyx, but as I am not familiar with
> > the source I do not believe that I can find the point of entry for such
> > a change to experiment with. May be there is someone more skilled than I
> > am and interested to give such a feature a try?
>
> Hi bitu,
>
> If you do this, please, please PLEASE make it a config option so I can turn
> it
> off.

> In summary, there are probably many like me, so please make this feature
> on/off configurable from LyX's menu system.

If someone adds code for "bitu", I suggest leave it Off by default.
Typical names that would be a drag to delimit:
- From lyx source hierarchy ;-)
        RELEASE-NOTES Sourcedoc/Makefile.bak
        examples/eu_adibide_lyx-atua.lyx lyxlayout_ptr_fwd.h
        src/frontends/qt2/.deps/QBranch.Plo
- From eg SCCS
        main.c,v
- From /etc of FreeBSD
        periodic/daily/405.status-ata-raid
- Random others
 /pub/FreeBSD/ports/graphics/net-p2p/dctc/files/patch-src::mydb.c
 /pub/FreeBSD/branches/i386/-current/
 www.de.freebsd.org/platforms/ia64/$enbase;/platforms/ia64/montecito-die.html

Cheers,
Julian