Steve Litt wrote:
On Sunday 28 December 2008 10:13:45 am you wrote:
On 28/12/2008 05:29, Steve Litt wrote:
On Saturday 20 December 2008 12:30:17 pm Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

Today for the first time I was able to incorporate an SVG image into a
LyX drawing. I'm using LyX 1.5.6. Developers -- thank you so much!
I meant a LyX doc.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed that my .svg graphic pixellated when the
resulting pdf  was viewed at anything besides 100%. The text in the
graphic (it was a diagram) was hard to read even though it was big
enough.

So I converted the svg to a .pdf and included the .pdf in the LyX
diagram, and the resulting document .pdf looked good at any
magnification.
Instead of doing that you could make use of the external material inset.
LyX is distributed with a template for XFig drawing that works quite well.

Abdel.

Thanks Abdel,

Where would I learn more about that?
Have a look in /usr/local/share/lyx/external_templates if you installed LyX in /usr/local/. There have been some substantial improvement related to external inset in 1.6 so you might be interested to upgrade. I think this is documented in the Customization manual. If you create a template for Inskape, please consider contributing it, we might include it in next 1.6.x release.

You know it's funny -- every year I know everything there was to know about LyX 2 years ago :-)

That's the greatest thing of life, you can never stop to learn ;-)

Cheers,
Abdel.