On Jan 1, 2009, at 11:33 AM, Dieter Jurzitza wrote:

When including figures in reports, I mostly (but not always) put them
centered, in contrast, the remainder of the text remains aligned justified.

And I am sure that I could potentially write a specific environment doing this, use "myfigure" readily containing the \begin{center}/ \end{center}
sequence, but I don't.

I used to center my figures, but now I put them in a Quote environment, which indents them nicely and also places a pleasing bit of extra vertical space above and below.