Graham Smith <graham.sm...@...> writes:

> It could then maybe be possible to develop using PDF as the Lyx
> collaborative format using PDF compare/merge tools (which already exist,
> I think) before converting back to Lyx.
>
> For commenting on PDFs at the moment I use
> http://www.qoppa.com/psindex.html  as it runs on Linux, Macs and
> Windows, but its a commercial program.

I'm not sure to have understood this. Which compare/merge tools are you
referring?
Anyway, does anyone know if the hyperef package or any other allow to track
back the (even approximate) position of the corresponding source file (LyX
file, of course) when clickig somewhere in the pdf text? I'm sure this is
somewhat possible in PDFs in general but I can't find references on the matter.
If this could be done, than the "PDF comments + direct source file track back"
solution could be a relatively simple one with many colleagues for most
humanist or non-tech environments.