Piero Faustini wrote:
> Anyway, does anyone know if the hyperef package or any other allow to track
> back the (even approximate) position of the corresponding source file (LyX
> file, of course) when clickig somewhere in the pdf text? I'm sure this is
> somewhat possible in PDFs in general but I can't find references on the
> matter. If this could be done, than the "PDF comments + direct source file
> track back" solution could be a relatively simple one with many colleagues
> for most humanist or non-tech environments.

You're talking about "backwards search". The pdfsync package can do this, and
recent pdftex can do it even itself, using the "synctex" feature.

AFAIK, you need a PDF viewer that supports these techniques. Apparently, the
"Skim" viewer on the Mac at least supports pdfsync and can be used for
backwards search in LyX:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac#toc13
Dunno if synctex works as well.

On Linux, I don't think it's possible, since no PDF viewer with synctex
support is available (but it seems to be planned for Okular in KDE 4.3). On
Windows, it seems that the SumatraPDF viewer supports both pdfsync and
synctex. If someone manages to get it to work with LyX, a HowTo on the LyX
wiki is certainly appreciated.

Jürgen