Guenter Milde wrote:
It is this:

"fancybreak" "fancybreak" "Define FancyBreak style for "breaks" or "transitions" between paragraphs.  Separate pragraphs with some
ornaments or simple vertical space. This is usually used for gaps in the narrative (also called a "transition"), e.g. love scenes left out in older novels or to start a
new section without a section header (also called an "anonymous section")." "" "" ""

and I believe the reason is that quotes in the description text are not
escaped. (compare with e.g.

"leftalign" "leftalign" "Left align text (instead of block align; on screen)." "" ""
""

)

However, escaping as \" did not help, removing the quotes solved the
problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,

Sure.

The parser for this file just uses LyX's general-purpose lexer. Apparently, it does not know about escaped quotes.

Richard