On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:38:26AM -0400, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Hi,

> >3) I looked which video card I have (lspci |grep Display) - Intel
> >Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
> >I googled for problems with Intel graphics under Ubuntu 9, and
> >found this link useful:
> >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582&highlight=ubuntu+slow+update
> >+jaunty
>
> This is worth posting to the wiki, if you're so inclined.

Intel drivers for the older chips are currently broken and in most cases
unusable. Phoronix wrote about it several times. The newer 9x chips seem to
work again with Linux 2.6.30+ and the latest 2.9 Intel drivers.

I've downgraded all my (Debian) systems with Intel 8x chips to an older
Xorg version and the  2.3.2-2+lenny6 intel driver from Lenny. Currently that
still works but someday it will break for sure.

So all in all I doubt this is somehow relevant for LyX it's more of a general
issue.

Sven
--
They're the cowards We are rebels