> > This is worth posting to the wiki, if you're so inclined.

Well, I can do this. Which wiki section should I post to?

> Intel drivers for the older chips are currently broken and in most cases
> unusable.
> So all in all I doubt this is somehow relevant for LyX it's more of a general
> issue.

Yes, it is a general driver-issue, but the one and only application on my PC
that is so severly affected (it was in fact almost unusable) is Lyx.

As far as I know, Opera and Mathematica also use Qt somehow (and Lyx is build
upon Qt, isn't it?), but I didn't experience any problems with them.
So I guess that the problem has something to do with the way Lyx uses Qt
rendering engine.