Hello,

I have installed Lyx 1.6  in Windows XP, and everything works fine
apart from check speller.
I have aspell 0-50-3-3 installed and on that the English package, in C
directory as suggested. Initially it was installed in Program Files
too and moved it from there.

I have googled it fanatically and  did not get an answer. Lyx is
installed in Program Files. And Lyx was installed before Aspell. I
have reconfigured Lyx but still nothing.
I get this message that" no word lists can be found for en_US.

In tools preferences , Language I have English USA which is the
default. In Spellchecker, aspell library is chosen by default but it
is grey. (cannot change it) I think that the proble is I cannot
explain to Lyx where to get the libraries from.

Lyx is really great, and I appreciate the effort you have put for an
excellent open source software.

Thank you in advance,
Lia