Hello,

I can confirm this issue also on my site (same configuration).

First I 'added' Gärdenfors in the spell checker dialog then suddenly it
complains about correct words like 'with'.
Secondly the added word does not appear in any of my personal aspell
dictionaries (~/.aspell.*)

I tried also to play with 'use input encoding' in lyx spell checker
preferences, no effect either.

Sebastian