-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: things that I miss in lyx
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:51:24 +0100
From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.ho...@xs4all.nl>
To: Jose Quesada <ques...@gmail.com>

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:23:34 +0100, Jose Quesada <ques...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In no special order, things that I miss in lyx...
>
> 1. incremental search
>
> 2. sentence autocapitalization

As others have written, NO! IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY, DON'T!

> 3. grammar check (not crucial)

Grammar checks are non-trivial, it would be nice to have this in a modular
way so we can share this with other open source efforts in this field.

> 4. search highlight occurences

Even nicer, the search implemented by Apple's Preview document viewer
provides a side bar with frequency bars of the search term's occurence on
each page.

> 7. the rest of the world operates on rich text/html. LyX doesn't
(clipboard
> integration is poor, copy-pasting from/to web loses formatting)

Actuall, I prefer the current default of losing formatting. The whole
point of LyX is that you focus on structure and content and have LaTeX
take
care of formatting. The rest of the world operates on a fundamentally
braindead paradigm and if I wanted to use that paradigm I'd be a happy OOo
camper. Which I am not.

> 8. 'pasted from' and url for every paste from the web (onenote uses this
> and
> it's damn inspired)

That sounds good. Some Zotero-like stuff might be helpful too.

Regards,

 Walter