On Monday 22 March 2010 17:43:10 Julio Rojas wrote:
> The only feature I miss is a layout editor. I don't know how easy
> would it be to program one, but that would be one good addition.

It's hard Julio. It's hard enough that I couldn't even *specify* a layout
editor, though I tried. If I'd been able to specify one, I'd have either
pestered the LyX crew to write it, or written it myself in Perl/Tk (I'm not
much of a Qt type of guy).

I'm thinking the best way to address the difficulty of new environments and
character styles might be to start a public collection of them. A person could
start with something close to what he wants and tweak it til it's right. Such
a collection could come with a supporting document that organizes various
environments and character styles in a hierarchy so that what you need is
easily findable.

Wordperfect and MSWord have layout editors of sorts, but their tags are sooooo
much simpler than LaTeX.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package