On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook <jtw...@ttlc.net> wrote:
> Oh Gawd no! That is if I understand you to mean that it will check my
> spelling as I type, and interrupt my creative flow to inform me that it
> thinks I misspelled something. {or even worse silently replacing
> misspelled or unknown words with what it thinks is the best matching
> replacement word}

Sorry to tell you, but this feature has been already included in 2.0.
Nontheless, as I have said, it is a feature prominently directed to
non native English speakers, as we tend to make considerably more
spelling mistakes. Don't worry, you can deactivate it.

>> ...even if my WinEdt addict friends at the lab keep laughing at me for
>> using it. :D
>
> In the long run, I think the joke's on them...

Yup, this is what I think, but when you have several coworkers working
on collaborative papers in several different LaTeX classes, they
finally have the last laugh. This is why a layout editor would do
wonders to convert our main target, people that already uses LaTeX
directly who wants to speed up their writing and track changes on the
document.