On 2010-09-30, Gour D. wrote:

> otoh, LuaTeX is heading towards MK IV (aka ConTeXt-ng) and I wonder
> what is the plan with LaTeX/LyX in regards to better/simpler font
> handling, Unicode support etc., iow. will LyX will be able to use
> LuaTeX as well?

Yes. There is already (still somewhat experimental/beta) support for
XeTeX, and as the interface to XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX gets more and more
unified (see the latest versions of fontspec and polyglossia) this
should allow using LuaTeX as engine as well.

> Is it already possible to use it?

With a new fontspec and some limitations, most probably yes (try it).

Günter