Gour D. wrote:
> Jürgen> Support is defitely on the agenda, though probably not for LyX
> Jürgen> 2.0 (rather for 2.1 or later). As Günter wrote, the
> Jürgen> implementation should not be too hard, since the difference to
> Jürgen> XeTeX is not big.
>
> Huh..2.1 or later? It probably won't be so soon. :-(

It simply depends on the willingness and free time of some developer. Again,
it's really not that hard. Just a matter of digging a bit into LuaTeX. But
it's a file format change, that's why it cannot be done in 2.0.x. And for 2.0,
the doors for new features begin to close.

> Otoh, having modern font-handling is really a must today.
>
> Jürgen> A ConTeXt backend would be nice as well, but this is
> Jürgen> significantly more work.
>
> ConTeXt backend does not sound as 'nice' but 'dreamland'!!!
>
> I'm not at all aware if LyX is abstracted so much so allow such a
> thing without significant rewrite.

It is. We already have backends for DocBook, plain text, and (in 2.0) XHTML
next to LaTeX. Context would "just" mean yet another output method.

Jürgen