On Nov 9, 2010, at 1:33 PM, Guenter Milde wrote:

> There is preliminary XeTeX support in the development version. Not
> ready for the masses.

On this point, I have to disagree.

Preliminary as it might be, I've found it very stable.  I've been using LyX 2
for nearly a year, and have transitioned to using XeTeX for everything.  And
quite frankly, I have fewer problems with LyX 2 than I do with LyX 1.6.

The entire text for my book and innumerable articles and reports have come out
of LyX 2, and while development versions some four or five months ago left much
to be desired, the most recent codebase is very stable.  I quite literally
cannot tell you the last time it crashed on me.  I so much prefer it that I
will never go back to LyX 1.6.  (And the copy I use has my outline bits in it,
which presumably destabilize it even more.)

I'm not trying to be disagreeable here, but I think you underestimate the
quality of your own work.  When LyX 2 is finally released, you deserve a party.
LyX has gone from being a good program to being an exceptional one and I, for
one, applaud you for that.

Cheers,

Rob