Guenter Milde wrote:
> Where do I find this new file?

in trunk. Also here:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/lib/languages

> (I did an update of my trunk clone but lyx/lib/languages is still in
> the old format.)

it is supposed to be the new format as of r36285. You probably haven't updated
correctly.

> > Looking at the polyglossia manual, I learned that we will also need
> > PolyglossiaOpts. E.g.
> >
> > Language german
> >
> >          GuiName           "German (old spelling)"
> >          BabelName         german
> >          PolyglossiaName   german
> >          PolyglossiaOpts   "spelling=old,babelshorthands=true"
> >          Encoding          iso8859-15
> >          LangCode          de_DE
> >
> > End
>
> This depends. For example, you can also use
>
>   ... convenient shortcuts for loading languages with specific options:
>
>       ‣ ogerman = german with option ‘spelling=old’)
>
> i.e.  PolyglossiaName   ogerman

I do not find these shortcuts documented in the current manual (v1.2.0a).
I think I prefer to use the syntax suggested in the manual.

> "babelshorthands" have the warning:
>
>   NB: is feature has not been mu tested and should be considered
>   experimental.
>
> Are babelshorthands used by LyX or only accessible via ERT?

Only accessible via ERT. But I think they are crucial for some languages. For
German, I consider them crucial.

> In the second case we do not need to activate them via GUI but leave
> this to the user preamble.

Maybe. Don't know. I think I would prefer them to be enabled with German (I
always use them quite excessively). But then, I have not yet used polyglossia
myself.

> However, in any case might it be better to provide a PolyglossiaOpts
> keyword, even if it is not used in the first version of the new file...

I guess we should go for the PolyglossiaOpts right away.

Jürgen