On 2010-11-15, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

>> I have now submitted a new languages file format to trunk. You could help
>> if  you added the polyglossia names there. The syntax would look like:

>> Language ngerman
>>         GuiName         "German"
>>         BabelName       ngerman
>>         PolyglossiaName german
>>         Encoding        iso8859-15
>>         LangCode        de_DE
>> End

Where do I find this new file?

(I did an update of my trunk clone but lyx/lib/languages is still in
the old format.)

> Looking at the polyglossia manual, I learned that we will also need
> PolyglossiaOpts. E.g.

> Language german
>          GuiName           "German (old spelling)"
>          BabelName         german
>          PolyglossiaName   german
>          PolyglossiaOpts   "spelling=old,babelshorthands=true"
>          Encoding          iso8859-15
>          LangCode          de_DE
> End

This depends. For example, you can also use

  ... convenient shortcuts for loading languages with specific options:

      ‣ ogerman = german with option ‘spelling=old’)

i.e.  PolyglossiaName   ogerman

"babelshorthands" have the warning:

  NB: is feature has not been mu tested and should be considered
  experimental.

Are babelshorthands used by LyX or only accessible via ERT?

In the second case we do not need to activate them via GUI but leave
this to the user preamble.

However, in any case might it be better to provide a PolyglossiaOpts
keyword, even if it is not used in the first version of the new file...

Günter