On 2010-11-15, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Guenter Milde wrote:
>> Where do I find this new file?

> in trunk. Also here:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/lib/languages

>> (I did an update of my trunk clone but lyx/lib/languages is still in
>> the old format.)

> it is supposed to be the new format as of r36285. You probably haven't
> updated correctly.

Indeed, using `git svn rebase` instead of `git svn fetch` did the trick
(I locally changed "languages" sometimes in the past).

So I'll work on this as fast as possible.

>> This depends. For example, you can also use

>>   ... convenient shortcuts for loading languages with specific options:

>>       ‣ ogerman = german with option ‘spelling=old’)

>> i.e.  PolyglossiaName   ogerman

> I do not find these shortcuts documented in the current manual (v1.2.0a).

They are in v1.2.0 but vanished in v1.2.a :-(

> I think I prefer to use the syntax suggested in the manual.

Yes, this is the save option.

>> "babelshorthands" have the warning:

>>   NB: is feature has not been mu tested and should be considered
>>   experimental.

> Maybe. Don't know. I think I would prefer them to be enabled with
> German (I always use them quite excessively). But then, I have not yet
> used polyglossia myself.

>> However, in any case might it be better to provide a PolyglossiaOpts
>> keyword, even if it is not used in the first version of the new file...

> I guess we should go for the PolyglossiaOpts right away.

OK.

BTW: We could do without the new keyword

        AsBabelOptions     <true|false>

     if we *always* call babel with the language options and
     *additionally* append them to the document options if the
     "add to documentoptions" box is checked.

     This would be in line with the polyglossia call, where the
     languages must always be specified with the \setdefaultlanguage and
     \setotherlanguage macros but other packages might expect the babel
     name in the documentoptions.

Günter