Guenter Milde wrote:
> BTW: We could do without the new keyword
>
>         AsBabelOptions     <true|false>
>
>      if we always call babel with the language options and
>      additionally append them to the document options if the
>      "add to documentoptions" box is checked.
>
>      This would be in line with the polyglossia call, where the
>      languages must always be specified with the \setdefaultlanguage and
>      \setotherlanguage macros but other packages might expect the babel
>      name in the documentoptions.

Maybe. I don't touch this now, though, since I remember Uwe struggling a lot
to get it right.

(I thought too, however, that the languages should also be passed globally
notwithstanding the request to do so locally; thus, packages such as varioref
get the languages information; but this is for later).

Jürgen