On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Julien Rioux
<jri...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> On 22/12/2010 12:21 AM, Eric wrote:
>>
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> I'm having a similar problem and I've tried the layout file you posted
>> below, but with no success. I put it on LyX-1.6/layouts and ran Reconfigure
>> but I
>> got the error message:
>>
>> "The system reconfiguration has failed. Default textclass is used but LyX
>> may not be able to work properly. Please reconfigure again if needed."
>>
>> Reconfigure works fine when I remove the offending revtex4-1.layout file.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eric
>>

> Hi,
>
> I've been using this layout without problem with LyX 1.6.5 and 1.6.9
> (developer's bug fix version) and with both MiKteX/Windows or
> TeXLive/Ubuntu, so I am a bit surprised here.
>
> But I found this:
>
> http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyXWinTips#toc9
>
> Could you please try if the section "Trouble Configuring LyX ..." helps you
> here? If not I would ask to provide the output you get on the terminal when
> reconfiguring LyX, so that we can better identify the source of the problem.
>
> --
> Julien

Hi and thanks for the response!

I apologise, I should have given more details of my system. I use
MacOS 10.5.8, and recently installed texlive2010 through the mactex
distribution (over an old texlive2007). I installed revtex4-1
following the instructions on the package's readme and apparently had
no problems there.

Cheers!
Eric