Am 18.05.2011 03:05, schrieb Hafney:

I did as you suggested,
and although I can still write to a pdf once, I still also
cannot update the pdf to reflect subsequent changes to my
file.

Strange, because I can do this with Adobe Reader 10.1 and LyX 2.0.0 under Win7
without problems.

I'm using Lyx 2.0 and acrobat reader 10.0.1 on windows
7.  Could this have something to do with the default security
settings in this version of acrobat? The problem also
exists with PDF-XChange PDF Viewer and the developers of
that reader explained that it locks files while they are
open and prevents being written to.

Yes, that's why we created a program to close/reopen Adobe Reader automatically.

Joost, do you have an idea why this doesn't work for Hafney?

regards Uwe